Winter in the Windy City is definitely making me smile—yes, you read that correctly—this particular season in this particular year has been, well, amazing! Global warming—the end of the world—I’m not sure what to make of it, but temperatures edging towards 60, in these parts anyway, are making everyone smile.
Other things making me smile right now:
- A day in the city…
- that drifts into a night in the city.
- The collective cool captured in this black and white short over at the Sartorialist.
- This beautiful tablescape I spotted at Bright.Bazaar.
- The perfect pen for a girl who still loves to do things the old fashioned way.
- My Vintage photograph collection.
- And Signs from above.
Allow me to explain that last one. As I walked along the back roads near my home recently, the clouds hanging dark and heavy in the sky, I called on my mother to give me a sign that she was still around, and seriously, I kid you not, suddenly the dark clouds parted and gave way to the brilliantly illuminated blue skies pictured below.
I couldn’t help but smile, remembering that my mother always did know how to make an entrance.
Wishing all a wonderful weekend! Hope you find countless reasons to smile!