Teaming up with my daughter today to share her ahtleisure faves, which, no surprise, also happen to be tops on my list. Great minds ;)
by Katherine Teske
Life lately looks a lot like yesterday’s leggings and a comfy fleece jacket – quite the departure from my former uniform consisting of high-waisted black jeans and a blazer. While I’ve always embraced athleisure for weekend errands, and dare I say it, actually working out, my new love of loungewear is admittedly a product of mom life (and my daily hope that maybe, just maybe, I’ll get on that treadmill during Nolan’s short lived nap…).If you’re looking for the best of form meets function, check out my hit list of top picks of athleisure wear below:
- Leggings: These Zella Live In High Waist Leggings are my everyday go-to (emphasis on everyday :)). Between the flattering high waist that pulls everything in, and the ultra smooth fabric that’s the goldilocks of thickness, I feel confident and comfortable the minute I put these on. I have them in black and navy blue and wish I had 10 pairs.
- Fleece Pullover: Meet the newest addition to my athleisurewear: the Alo Fleece Half Zip Pullover .Given my longstanding daily uniform has always consisted of black and lots of it, it was only a matter of time until this piece found its way into my closet. Truth be told, I was looking for a pullover with a pocket for my phone since I’ve lost it in my house one too many times when I don’t have it safely tucked away (new moms take note: you’ll also be down one or both hands 99% of your waking hours so pockets will become your best friend!).
- Cozy Top: If you’re looking for the comfort of a sweatshirt but don’t want to sacrifice on fit, check out the Alo Haze Long Sleeve Top. The flattering cut is cozy without being oversized, bringing together details like a high-neck, ribbed and slitted waist band, and pleated back so nothing sticks.
- Versatile Bag: Finding a bag that’s casual yet not unpolished, roomy yet not engulfing, and durable yet stylish is a tall order and this bag stands up to the task. The Sherpani Rebel Coated Crossbody Bag has been my travel companion, gym buddy and now, a member of my stroller brigade on walks with my little guy. I love being able to carry it with the shoulder strap or top handles depending on the task at hand.
- Seamless Tanks: Nursing or not (I’m in the process of weaning now – that’s a post for another day…), these seamless fitted tanks will be in my wardrobe rotation for months to come. Their long length make them perfect for layering whether you’re pulling them over leggings or tucking them into jeans. This particular set delivers a comfortable body-con fit that you can wear pre-, during and post-pregnancy.
- Sneakers: You already know that I’ve long been a fan of my trusty Nike Frees, but when I’m in the mood to change it up for a clean, classic look, I turn to these all-white Pumas. They truly go with anything which makes getting dressed that much easier.
Be sure to check out Katherine’s blog – The Millennial Girl – here