Loved Olivia Wilde’s understated elegance at last night’s Oscars. The Valentino-clad actress who is seven months pregnant looked absolutely gorgeous from head to toe.
I especially liked her elegant, upswept hairstyle. It was reminiscent of Brigitte Bardot and really capped off the sleek lines of her high-neck, black and white gown.
Today, Styling and Grooming Expert, Jenny Bingham shares the following how-to tips on recreating Olivia’s elegant up-do:
- Start by blow drying hair with a round brush to create body, volume and slight wave to the ends.
- Separate into two sections. Take the crown and front section and pin to one side then leave the underneath section out.
- Sweep the underneath section into a chignon that hugs the curve of the head.
- Take the top section and back brush under the crown area to create padding and volume and twist lightly and secure into chignon.
- Finish by gently loosening some shorter pieces to frame the face and mist with a light hairspray – I love Redken fashion work 12 and it is very versatile and light to work with.